If you are in need of diapers text 313-478-4420 with ONLY your first name, last name and the best phone number to reach you.
Diapers are normally distributed the last Friday of the month. Request must be made before 5:00 p.m. the 3rd Thursday of the month to receive diapers that month. Request made after 5:00 p.m. the 3rd Thursday of the month will be distributed the following month.
Diapers are available by appointment only.
Diaper Pick Up Procedure
Welcome! Upon completion of your enrollment you will be eligible to receive diapers for your babies each month until they are potty trained. You are not enrolled until you make your first pick up. If you receive an appointment confirmation and do not pick up, you must notify the diaper bank that you still need diapers to receive future appointments.
- Each month you will receive a text message giving you the date and time of the distribution. The distribution will normally be on the last Friday of the month…if you have not received a confirmation of your appointment please send text to (313) 478-4420.
- Once you receive your monthly notification you must send your baby’s diaper size to confirm that you will pick up your diapers before the deadline. Please do not send your baby’s diaper size if you are not sure that you or someone will pick up diapers for you. Our volunteers are keeping inventory of the diapers for order purposes and it is more work for them when appointments are missed. Please be considerate of the volunteers that come to assist with the distribution process. If you are not on the appointment sheet you will not be allowed entrance to the distribution location.
- In the near future we will be adding distribution locations around the city. Please read the text that you are sent to assure that you are picking up from the right location.
- When picking up your diapers for the first time, please, complete both sides of the enrollment card and take a moment to write clearly. All information should be legible and easy to read….if you need help volunteers are there to help…ask for assistance.
- If you miss your appointment you will not be able to pick up until the following month. Remember you can send anyone to pick up for you. To sign the diapers out they will need the parent’s name, child’s name, gender, date of birth, parent’s zip code, race, language spoken at home, phone number and email address.
If you have friends that you want to refer to the diaper bank please have them enroll by texting their first and last name and phone number only to (313) 478-4420 and they will get instructions to enroll. Please DO NOT send them the information you received for your pick up. Their pick up location may be different and you will only cause them and the volunteers unnecessary confusion.